Skip to main content

Beyond The 'Khan'...

Hello everyone,

To be frank, I was not sure if I should write on this topic. I talked about it to a friend who brought back the zeal in me and reminded me that blogging is all about speaking your heart out... So, here I go...

It's been pretty long now since this debate is going on, Shiv Sena or Shah Rukh Khan? And, Mumbai has already shown it's choice as I begin writing this blog. All the movie theatres are running to full houses and the sound of the people is crystal clear.

This spirit of Mumbai, to support the right, remains undaunted.

With a wish to spring in to the headlines of all the newspapers and news channels, the supremo of Shiv Sena (the orange brigade), Mr. Balasaheb Thackeray, commented about the so-called 'unpatriotic' behaviour of Shah Rukh Khan (SRK or Khan from now on). And, it goes simply to say that it was the simple goal. After all, the kid whom he nourished in politics (Raj Thackeray), has been making the top stories recently.

Seen as a publicity stunt, it was a 'drive' according to them to oppose Mr. Khan's opinion that Pakistani players should be included in the Indian Premier League, better known as IPL. And, what wrong did he say? An event of a kind, IPL is one of the most-watched cricket events worldwide because of the simple inclusion of players from all over the world.

Even then, belying the simple meaning of humanity, and associating every citizen of Pakistan with terrorism and ineffective steps taken by their government, is surely unacceptable. This act of the Sena led to a war of words between the supremo and his son Uddhav on one side, and SRK on the other. The whole Bollywood and India stood alongside him, but, no one had the courage to go and face the opponents directly.

And so it was, the battle for influence in Mumbai took its birth.

Could the Sena find a better time? I guess not. The King Khan had a movie release slated within a fortnight within the inception of this controversy. When someone won't bend down to us, we can hold on to their necks and make them do. This is what the Sena thought of doing. An old Indian political tactic, I must say.

Aaaah! Much to their disappointment, it was more a share with reality. It came along with people going ahead and booking their tickets refraining from the threat.

While the state government washed its hands off it, and was trying to know whodunnit, and Sena keeping its stand on, it all came back to SRK to either go down to the demand of apology for just another flick of his career. Well, as Sena would have thought, it was an SRK movie after 18 months. And, so, he and his fans would me more than eager to have it released.

Trust me, if it was to happen this way, SRK would lose all the respect he has earnt over the years. At least from me.

Much to Sena's disappointment, SRK stuck to his stand and didn't let go off his integrity. That's what I call bravery!

It became a very debated topic for everyone. And, then finally, it was released to fear and anticipation. Sainiks are known for causing destruction to property which was the reason, at one time, the release was called-off in Mumbai.

But, it finally went well. The movie's released, is running great, and the Shiv Sena has lost its name in the headlines everywhere!

As I await the movie and while it runs to the best, there's one thing that I am sure about. As I have said in my previous posts, we will be truly humane when we begin supporting the truth and right. And, I guess the revolution has begun. Thank you Mr. Balasaheb Thackeray for enlightening us on the topic of what truth is and whom we should support!

So, it teaches me that it's beyond who you are, what you are, what you do, that humanity springs from, that your values spring from. It's more about how core your values are and how much you can imbibe by them even in your trying times. This is a lesson we have always been told to learn. But, SRK proved it to us by walking on this path himself. Hail King Khan!

And it just goes Beyond The 'Khan'...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi

Education & India: Part 2 of 2

Cross-posted from Not Just The Talks . Like I’ve said earlier (by that, I mean in Part 1 ), my life revolves around the state of education in India today, being a student. And I lead from where I left, in the first post, in this one. 1) Colleges: The basic requisite for a successful post-education life-in-the-real-world, as I’ve heard so far, begins from colleges. Schools are those parts of our lives, when we’re shaped and also protected during the process. But, in colleges, we have our first interaction with the real world. So, it wouldn’t be immature-ish of me to say, that ‘That’s where it all begins...’. There’s not much to say, except that what I’m (by that I mean everyone in their respective colleges) taught is purely theoretical bullshit. Something that has been in the textbooks since ages. And, even if it has been ‘revised’ lately, I’m assured, when I open the first page, that all I’ll study, will be something that isn’t even present in real day life.

The Gandhi Way? No Way!!

Disclaimer: This post is purely a substance of my personal opinion. By this, I don't mean to hurt the sentiments of the republic of India or the person regarded as the Father of The Nation, Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. If anyone would be offended by reading anything that goes against the nation and its principles, even if it's pointing the flaws so that we, the next generation could live in a better India, you would rather not read it hereon, that would be my sincere request to you, as the blogger. Peace. No hard feelings. Sitting on the stage, looking out at the crowd and people gathered around him, he rises and speaks. "I'm on a fast unto death, from now on, till my demands are met." Around 79 years ago, M. K. Gandhi, a political prisoner, changed the way protests were held in this country, India, chiefly dominated by politics and the so-called people's movements... He then rose in this battle, while serving a jail term on political grounds for the eq