Skip to main content

Diwali Dhamaka (Festive Blast)

The festival of lights... The day when evil was defeated by the righteous... The day when one of the Gods attained his ultimate journey, away from this negatively charged world into the castles of heaven... What do I say about this immensely important day of Indian mythology?

These things make very less difference to people in the lifestyle we live today. But, there are those faithfuls who still, on every single occasion, make sure to make everyone they meet realize the immense importance of the occassion.

What I feel is, the occasions to cherish such reasons are turning to mere festivals. Festivals which signify nothing less than bursting of crackers, spreading smiles by the means of irreversible changes which are a danger to the existence of the future generations, burning of the desi Indian candle, the 'Diwa' which have changed from the old and primitive but meaningful shape and sober design to fancy, expensive and meaningless designs which do nothing except appeal the eyes.

In the meanwhile, the days which a family should celebrate together, in perfect harmony, are celebrated individually and in ways which are neither good for human growth, nor, what is advised.

The changes in these things sometimes turn pretty depressing. It's like what you feel when you see a flower which has withered away completely and you keep thinking about the time when it was completely lively. Days change, times change, and people change. And I guess we will have to get acquainted to this kind of life... With the world, yet into our own world...

And what is ruling my thoughts currently as I write this is what will be the case of these occasions ten years down the line? Will they just end up like parties of the west? People throw parties, others attend and these bashes are on the Page 3 of the newspapers and tabloids. Is that all where we are headed to?

Simple logic... Revive or revamp... And we are currently on the path of the latter...

Aloha to the new year and Aloha to the Desi Indian Culture... You decide for yourself what meaning of 'Aloha' are you gonna give the latter for...

Comments

  1. u can surely rite a buk yaar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo true!

    October 18, 2009 at 11:32am

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi...

Sorry, Thank You, Please!

Pretty often have I met new people. And even more often do I hear words that are supposedly 'Golden'. Sorry, Thank You, and Please. And I, without a doubt, fail to understand what's so golden about these so-called Golden words?! When we meet people, we get to know them. We share, we care, we learn, and within all this, we barely realize when we begin a new relationship. Peculiarly, every relationship we make, is based on different values and has its own importance. Some on trust, some on love, some on knowledge, some on sharing, some on caring, some on kindness... And the list, is endless! But every relationship, and (almost) everyone of us, considers that saying these golden words, is necessary, whenever the need be. It just doesn't get my head on it as to why should anyone use these words? What really is the significance behind it? And how many times do we really mean them? Simply said, when we make a mistake, we say 'Sorry' to the people who show that w...

Education & India: Part 2 of 2

Cross-posted from Not Just The Talks . Like I’ve said earlier (by that, I mean in Part 1 ), my life revolves around the state of education in India today, being a student. And I lead from where I left, in the first post, in this one. 1) Colleges: The basic requisite for a successful post-education life-in-the-real-world, as I’ve heard so far, begins from colleges. Schools are those parts of our lives, when we’re shaped and also protected during the process. But, in colleges, we have our first interaction with the real world. So, it wouldn’t be immature-ish of me to say, that ‘That’s where it all begins...’. There’s not much to say, except that what I’m (by that I mean everyone in their respective colleges) taught is purely theoretical bullshit. Something that has been in the textbooks since ages. And, even if it has been ‘revised’ lately, I’m assured, when I open the first page, that all I’ll study, will be something that isn’t even present in real day life. ...