Skip to main content

Bruises And Scars...

Every now and then, I face a situation myself, or am told one by some of my friend, about the words, sentences, events, happenings which hurt us as people, in general. Rude behaviour, anger, misunderstandings, obstinence, being few of the reasons why it happens. Well, all I say to myself in the end is, 'This is life...'

Truly. Beautifully.

You'd ask what's so beautiful about being hurt, I assume. I say, that's just as the half-full half-empty glass theory. Simply said, perception changes a thing from positive to negative and vice versa.

We learn from everything, and sometimes we fail to realize that. Everytime we pass through some such moment when we felt hurt, it, for every reason, gets registered in our sub-concious that we shouldn't do that again or be the one to hurt someone else in the same way, again, depending on what shoes we wear in that situation.

As humans, it is natural to be hurt, bruised, scarred, and then, healed. It's healing that's necessary. It's healing that is long and takes patience. It's the healing process that's full of emotions... Anger, despair, pain, hurt, sadness, glum, to begin with...

Let's face it. We can't forgive 'anyone' easily for when they hurt us. What they did to us shadows who they are, what they mean to us, how they feel for us and everything else in question, at least for an accounted period of time. Tears flow, the heart aches, eyes swell... Tired eyes and a pained heart remains... Waiting to be healed... Waiting to have another go at life... Waiting to give someone another chance... And, to try again...

Really? How many times? Every time this happens, I know how it gets to. The saturation point of being the acceptor, the limits of patience, the tiredness of the bleeding heart (metaphorical)... Frankly, the reality is that we just want to stop trying. And most of the times, we even do.

We stop trusting people over what some other has done to us... We stop believing in people's words over loss of integrity of someone close to us... We close our eyes to the reality and begin living in an oblivious world... We look at the world from behind a translucent curtain and get judgemental... We shut the doors to our heart... Yes, we do all of this.

Yes, we are hurt so bad that the pain won't stop... Yes, we have been stabbed so brutally that the body aches... Yes, we are bruised so deeply that even medicine spilled over it seems to just deepen the wound... But, then is when it begins to heal... The hurt begins to turn to acceptance... We collect the broken pieces of our hearts and begin to stitch them together... The deep bruises heal to scars on the skin...

Yes, we heal.

Sometimes soon enough to give the person a second chance. Most others, too late.

It's this strange beauty of life and nature that amuses me... Just as a leaf springs out soon after we break one from the branch of a tree, and fruits and flowers reappear according to their lifecycles, human beings too, learn, grow, heal and conquer the pain...

The only part of it that scares me, bewilders me is about the tree being brought down from the bottom of its stem. It being uprooted. Leaving no hope of it growing back again...

Co-incicentally, this is also that part of the situation that we consider for ourselves everytime someone cuts down one of our fruits or at the greatest, breaks a branch. We get tired. Tired of trying. Tired of facing the situation. Tired of living with that pain and supressing more agony. We do get tired...

And that's what we gotta change... That's what I have been trying to change within myself and those who would let me in their lives. That belief, that nothing will change from the way it was, that it was best the way it was and can never get better... Well, never say never.

Been there, done that. Going through that, and still do give up sometimes.

I don't say I am perfect or that I'm the most hopeful, most optimistic person. I don't because I know I am not. But, at the same time, I know that I have the courage to stand up. I have the courage to set foot from every disparity, again. I know that no situation can be so binding on me that it would take away my happiness completely. I know that no hurt can be so deep that it would make me want to kiss goodbye to this earth. I know that no pain can be so excruciating that it would be beyond my ability to soak it in.

And I know that it is the same for everyone... Everyone...

May be I'll stand up soon enough. Or may be I won't. But, I know that sometime it is ought to happen. It will happen.

And till it doesn't, the bruises and scars, will keep reminding me that I still got work to do...

Cheerio!

P.S.: Began a co-blog earlier this month for I (and my fellow bloggers) couldn't sit back and complain anymore. The realization that things had to change, dawned upon us and that we need to be the change we want to see, seemed more plausible than anything else. For this much-desired change and to get more and more people to join in with us, those who share the same ideology, 'Not Just The Talks.' has been started. If you haven't already, do read my inaugural post on it 'It's Time To Not Just Keep Talking.'

Comments

  1. HEY,
    its simple but amazing like always Setu.loved it.
    n your writing sure gets better wid each new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great! Two things that attracted my attention...1)"Never say never"-Yes, always give chance to self and to other person to improve...you never know which moment brings about change in a living being...Never be hopeless and rigid that things will never change...
    2)"I have courage to stand up"- To have courage is one of the best quality... That opens lot of new avenues of life for you...

    Keep it up Setu..!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi

The Gandhi Way? No Way!!

Disclaimer: This post is purely a substance of my personal opinion. By this, I don't mean to hurt the sentiments of the republic of India or the person regarded as the Father of The Nation, Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. If anyone would be offended by reading anything that goes against the nation and its principles, even if it's pointing the flaws so that we, the next generation could live in a better India, you would rather not read it hereon, that would be my sincere request to you, as the blogger. Peace. No hard feelings. Sitting on the stage, looking out at the crowd and people gathered around him, he rises and speaks. "I'm on a fast unto death, from now on, till my demands are met." Around 79 years ago, M. K. Gandhi, a political prisoner, changed the way protests were held in this country, India, chiefly dominated by politics and the so-called people's movements... He then rose in this battle, while serving a jail term on political grounds for the eq

May The Light Shine.

I have respected the need for 'Freedom of Speech' ever since I first understood what it meant, sometime during a Civics class in school. It is the necessity for a society to grow. Ideas and opinions need to flow from one side of the table to the other. As a proponent of free speech, this freedom is something I take very personally and seriously. But, today, almost 18 months after one of the most hallmark decisions taken by the Indian electorate, I wonder if such a freedom exists anymore. It does exist in the Constitution, technically, but on the ground? I'm skeptical. A democracy like ours is very complex for me to explain, but a few things that I believe are underlying to the very fabric of our country are the need for rules and laws that are common to everybody. That all people, all religions, all languages must be treated equally. Yes, the Constitution of India doesn't recognize a national religion or national language. Hinduism isn't the national religion