Skip to main content

Inception!

Yay! Finally I step into the third decade since I was born! The 1990s, the 2000s, and now, the 2010s... Lovely! And, the best part is, I am not even two decades old!

Jokes apart... The main reason the title of this blog is 'Inception' is because it marks a new beginning to many things... And, firstly, the new decade (that I have already spoken about).

The last decade was the most happening one, by far, in my life. I graduated from school, entered college, turned into a maestro of computing than just another novice, began getting tutored for guitar, began blogging, wrote 'shayari's and other eye-opening or romantic one liners and messages, began going out with friends a lot, learnt to read people's eyes (through experience, please don't ask me 'How?'), made friends in my own community (about which mom is real glad) and a lot lot more... But, wait a minute. Those who know me, must even be wondering that all of this happened just in the last year, 2009!

Yes, it wasn't the decade I was talking about. It was just my last year! To keep it real, I haven't gone through more ups and downs in any other year as the last one. I learnt many life lessons, I tore apart shores just to do some things, I gave everything I could to new aspirations, I broke the barriers, I formulated a simple funda for my life 'Live life because you are living it.', I understood the importance of friends in my life, that all people run behind is 'fame', 'name' and 'money', may be in different order of priorities and just so much!

I just don't know why I can't focus on the whole decade and am ending up on the last year... Downrightly, I know. Because, every year, I begin my life anew. And I believe, we all learn something or the other new. Forgetting the misdeeds, remembering the learnings. Leaving the pain, taking along the joy. Encouraging the hopeless, attributing the worthy. Learning at every step. And, every year, learning to love all those whom you meet... Spreading cheer, smile and removing that sadness from the eyes which we can.
We may curse myself for the mistakes we have made and never even forgive, but, we won't keep it in my mind for long, just because the learning matters more to me than a fault. It's what we want to become over what we are!

And, at the end of the day, I am a content individual. Optimism and cheer are the two feelings I have right now. Optimism for the best future I can make, and cheer because the small recap of the by gone year, brings that to me...

Needless to say, all that we remember about the 2000s decade is Earthquake in Gujarat (2000), World Trade Center attacks (2001), Godhra carnage (2002), India's loss in the ICC World Cup (2003), the great tsunami in the Bay Of Bengal (2004), the Iraq war began at full swing (2005), Iraq President Saddam Hussain is hanged to death (2006), Benazir Bhutto is killed (2007), 26/11 Mumbai blood bath (2008), the deadly H1N1 swine flu pandemic (2009). Aren't these the first things we remember once we think about the decade gone by. And, there are many more if we begin to jot them down.

The point I wish to make is, I don't write this to make everyone 'ideal' in my opinion. I write this so that the negativism we carry around will fade to look at the glass which is half full... May be very few will agree that it can be done, but, I have been taught, 'You can't lose if you don't play'... But, this is what I wish to say... This is my bit to make this world a better place to live in... For the next decade, and the ones to come...

So, will you make the new beginning and join in, in this effort?

Cheers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi

Education & India: Part 2 of 2

Cross-posted from Not Just The Talks . Like I’ve said earlier (by that, I mean in Part 1 ), my life revolves around the state of education in India today, being a student. And I lead from where I left, in the first post, in this one. 1) Colleges: The basic requisite for a successful post-education life-in-the-real-world, as I’ve heard so far, begins from colleges. Schools are those parts of our lives, when we’re shaped and also protected during the process. But, in colleges, we have our first interaction with the real world. So, it wouldn’t be immature-ish of me to say, that ‘That’s where it all begins...’. There’s not much to say, except that what I’m (by that I mean everyone in their respective colleges) taught is purely theoretical bullshit. Something that has been in the textbooks since ages. And, even if it has been ‘revised’ lately, I’m assured, when I open the first page, that all I’ll study, will be something that isn’t even present in real day life.

The Gandhi Way? No Way!!

Disclaimer: This post is purely a substance of my personal opinion. By this, I don't mean to hurt the sentiments of the republic of India or the person regarded as the Father of The Nation, Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. If anyone would be offended by reading anything that goes against the nation and its principles, even if it's pointing the flaws so that we, the next generation could live in a better India, you would rather not read it hereon, that would be my sincere request to you, as the blogger. Peace. No hard feelings. Sitting on the stage, looking out at the crowd and people gathered around him, he rises and speaks. "I'm on a fast unto death, from now on, till my demands are met." Around 79 years ago, M. K. Gandhi, a political prisoner, changed the way protests were held in this country, India, chiefly dominated by politics and the so-called people's movements... He then rose in this battle, while serving a jail term on political grounds for the eq