Skip to main content

Friends...

Hi there,

This topic first seemed pretty silly to me to write about, but then, I thought I would even then give it a try. And the only reason why I decided giving it a try is that my friends have been one of the major factors who have shaped me the way I am today. So, this was the payback time.

We meet many people in our everyday walk of life. It becomes pretty tedious to remember each one of those whom we meet. But, even then, there are these few (and many for some) people whose presence in our life is cherished, whose absence makes a difference to the way our life goes ahead. We call them friends.

I don't know who coined this word 'Friend' and neither do I know who defined it, but, I just know one thing, in everyone's life, there are people whom we confer the degree of being our friends, the valued people in our lives, and there's a specific image created in our minds once someone says the word 'Friend'.

We meet people, we are interested to know them better, we get acquainted with them, we wish to be a piece of their lives and we eventually become friends. These people eventually end up to be the most valued friends we have ever had. And, we are never ever the same after we have known someone like them who help us to become better individuals.

There are times when we need them, times when they need us, times when we clash, times when we love them, times when our opinion about friends on-the-whole changes due to specific events, and times when the meaning is revived in a totally new sense because of a few new people who enter our lives.

And slowly times change. The days when we used to hang out on daily basis changes to once a month and eventually once a year. The days when we used to talk on the phone for hours together changes to a call here or a message there, that too, just once a fortnight or so. But, even then, there is a certain kind of trust and belief in the relationships that we share with our friends which tells us that despite the distance, the friendship never dies... The degree of closeness doesn't decrease.

Someone has very rightly said, "Life isn't when you miss 'someone'. It is when you know that that 'someone' also misses you at the same time." And then we realize that there are a few reasons to smile when we wake up every new day. A few reasons to hope that tomorrow will be a better day than it was today. A few reasons to just cherish the memories that seem to be a part of the distant past. A few reasons to streamline the past into perspective and hope for the future that would perhaps be even more mesmerizing... And these reasons are nothing but those people of our lives whom we call 'Friends'.

I just want to dedicate this piece to all my friends out there who have been the constant pillars of support of my life, even when their lives were in a turmoil, without even giving it a thought what they were putting on stake... I just hope that this strong pillar of your support never breaks... Thank you guys...

Adios...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi

Education & India: Part 2 of 2

Cross-posted from Not Just The Talks . Like I’ve said earlier (by that, I mean in Part 1 ), my life revolves around the state of education in India today, being a student. And I lead from where I left, in the first post, in this one. 1) Colleges: The basic requisite for a successful post-education life-in-the-real-world, as I’ve heard so far, begins from colleges. Schools are those parts of our lives, when we’re shaped and also protected during the process. But, in colleges, we have our first interaction with the real world. So, it wouldn’t be immature-ish of me to say, that ‘That’s where it all begins...’. There’s not much to say, except that what I’m (by that I mean everyone in their respective colleges) taught is purely theoretical bullshit. Something that has been in the textbooks since ages. And, even if it has been ‘revised’ lately, I’m assured, when I open the first page, that all I’ll study, will be something that isn’t even present in real day life.

The Gandhi Way? No Way!!

Disclaimer: This post is purely a substance of my personal opinion. By this, I don't mean to hurt the sentiments of the republic of India or the person regarded as the Father of The Nation, Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. If anyone would be offended by reading anything that goes against the nation and its principles, even if it's pointing the flaws so that we, the next generation could live in a better India, you would rather not read it hereon, that would be my sincere request to you, as the blogger. Peace. No hard feelings. Sitting on the stage, looking out at the crowd and people gathered around him, he rises and speaks. "I'm on a fast unto death, from now on, till my demands are met." Around 79 years ago, M. K. Gandhi, a political prisoner, changed the way protests were held in this country, India, chiefly dominated by politics and the so-called people's movements... He then rose in this battle, while serving a jail term on political grounds for the eq